Self-Care Is Where It's At
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Welcome back to the Mindset Chick Podcast, I am so happy to have you here. I'm your host Kristi Dear and today I want to talk about what we will be diving into over the next few weeks, we are going to really focus on self-care. Taking care of you, loving yourself, giving to yourself, nurturing yourself, and how this is going to not only make your life more enjoyable, but you will feel better, you'll release things that maybe you didn't even know you had. You will step into a new you and you'll be ready for setting those intentions in 2022, just really taking care of you.
Ready? Let's get started...
• You know, around the holidays can be such a busy time, or thinking about everybody else, we're thinking about gifts, we're thinking about presents, we're thinking about our budget, maybe you're working more, putting in more hours, maybe you feel like you're running around with your head cut off, but that's why we're going to be intentional this month with really focusing on you and self-care. And I'm going to give you some action steps to do very simple steps that you can start doing right away to give yourself the attention and the nurturing that you need. (3:36)
• Well, basically, that's what self-care is, if you're depleted, if you're worn out, if you're feeling like you don't have the energy to take care of yourself, how are you going to really take care of others? And maybe you find yourself running on survival, like... Well, I have so many things to do, I have to do all this stuff. But when you're taking care of others, who you're spending time with others, maybe your family, your friends, your children, you feel like you're snapping, you feel like you aren't giving them the best version of yourself because you don't have that best version to give, and sometimes as women we sometimes hold things in because we're the nurturers and we feel maybe guilty for not wanting to. (5:05)
• Okay, I want to encourage you to write this down. Every day, I want you to find five minutes of quiet time, so five minutes of quiet time every day. That can be where you're meditating, that can be where you're in prayer, that could be where you're just turn your phone on 'Do Not Disturb'. You don't have any music on nothing, you go out, you look at nature, maybe you just know you're in the middle of your walk and you just take out your headphones and in just five minutes you're just walking with peace and quiet. Okay, five minutes of quiet time. That's it, at least. You want to do more? Do more. I know some of you guys like to meditate for you 20-30 minutes, I love to do that. I set my alarm for 20-30 minutes. But I just want to encourage you to do at least five minutes of quiet. (8:21)
• Think of something that you love about yourself. So I'm going to give you some time, maybe you can think about something that you love about yourself. And maybe that's your stomach, maybe that's your legs, maybe it's your eyes, maybe it's your hair, your skin, your personality, that you're smart. Maybe you love that you're committed and you get up and you work out, and you exercise pretty frequently, maybe you love that you're disciplined with your health and wellness. Whatever that is, I want you to think of something that you love about yourself. And I want you to send that part of you love... So what I want you to do is focus on that one thing all week from Tuesday to Tuesday. I want you to send that part of you love. Any time you think about that part, I want you to send it love. (10:45)
• We can always learn to be better in our lives, we can always take things away to be a better person and be a better friend, but at the same time, not beating up on parts of ourselves that are just us and that make us, and not apologizing for shining brightly or having a personality that is different than somebody else, just really embracing it, and it feels good. So I want to encourage you to do the same, find something of yourself that you love, and maybe it's like me, maybe it's a part of you that you've gone on and off again. I have this weird relationship. You're like, I love you. No, I don't, I love you. No, I don't, I love you, I don't, but just today and this week, say I love you, I love you, I love you. (14:05)
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear • Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick • Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi • Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear • Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards ** Download my FREE gift to you my Magic 5 Morning Mindset KristiDear .com
EPISODE AIRED ON: DECEMBER 07, 2021