Lynnsey Robinson: How to Identify Limiting Beliefs That Are Holding You Back
Updated: Nov 29, 2022
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Episode 104: Welcome back to the Mindset Chick Podcast, I am so happy to have you here, I'm your host Kristi Dear. Today, we have an amazing guest, somebody that I'm very excited to introduce you to, her name is Lynnsey Robinson. Lynnsey is a Certified Hypnotherapist + Intuitive Guide and specializes in helping ambitious women all over the world to clear the subconscious limiting beliefs keeping them stuck, so they can embody their highest potential and manifest their biggest desires automatically. Through her client work, hypnotherapy membership, and her podcast, "High Vibin' It", she empowers others to harness their ability to attract all the abundance and success that life has to offer.
Ready? Let's go...
• So, when you're born, I'm going to go right back to the birth, okay? When you're born, let's just pretend that your mind is a circle. We don't, it's abstract, it's metaphysical, but the mind, not the brain. We'll just pretend it's a circle. When you're born, so just picture a circle, all you're born with is the fear of loud noises and the fear of falling. Those are the only two biological fears you have. And then of course you have the lizard brain, which is the fight or flight freeze and all of that stuff. So, when you're a child and you're just growing up, your mind is, this is why they say kids are sponges, right? They just take in everything because they don't really have a filter of what's true and what isn't, what's reality and what isn't and what's fantasy. And that's why they're so connected with their imagination. Anything's possible, right? And that is exactly what's happening. You really do have no distinction between what is true and what isn't. So during that time, they say between the ages of like zero to seven or eight, sometimes even nine, we'll just say nine to give it a nice container of time. But around age nine, you get what's called the critical filter or the critical mind, which acts essentially as a filter between the conscious and the subconscious. (02:05)
• This is a big, big example. But if your parent always said, you know, money doesn't grow on trees. What do you think we can afford everything? We're not made of money kind of thing. You have to work hard for it. Well, guess what? Of course you're always going to have to work hard for it. You're going to think it's hard and it's unattainable. Same thing with love. Same thing with success. Same thing with anything. You have a terrible breakup. Your subconscious is like swear off all relationships, right? Or, attract the same relationship over and over again, because there's something there that needs to be healed. And there's something there that needs to be looked at and examined and acknowledged, you know? Yeah. So I'm saying a lot of things, but basically the way that's that we get limiting beliefs, big basic, basic, basic is that a ground zero of love and, you know, misguided help. It has good intentions. It really just wants to keep you safe. Your subconscious mind's one directive is to keep you alive, keep you breathing, keep you chugging along now, happy, fulfilled, successful, you know, loved. (06:05)
• Well, I like to make it as simple as possible. So if you've ever started something and didn't finish it, even though you really wanted to finish it, there's probably a limiting belief. If your life right now isn't reflective of what you journal about and what your affirmations are and what you're trying to manifest right now, then there's probably a limiting belief in there. It's not always a huge one. It can just be a simple one. It can just be a little one, but it is enough. I mean, you're saying you're talking about 95% of your mind saying, no, no, you can't because whatever the reason is, no, you can't lose weight because you know, when you were 15 and skinny, someone hit on you and it was uncomfortable, you know, whatever. I've heard so many reasons or reasons, big quotes on reasons in the subconscious for, for you not to have what you truly consciously desire, all desires and goals and wants must start in the conscious. You get an idea in the conscious, it checks in with your subconscious mind. And if there's anything in the subconscious that's like, no, that's not safe, it's cool, we'll stay right where we are. Then it's just not happening because you have 95% going up against five. Yeah. And it's not to say that people don't do stuff, like it's not to say it's impossible, but I like to use this kind of imagery here. If you're trying to change a subconscious belief consciously, it's like chopping down a tree vertically, right? You'll get there eventually. You'll, make it happen. Your 5% is not zero, right? But it's going to be painful. It's way more difficult than it needs to be. (10:35)
• Invite gratefulness, invite more ways to witness gratitude in your life. That is a good affirmation that I use for a lot of people who just don't know where to start, you know, I am opening to recognize. I recognize all the ways that my life is beautiful. And you'll start to... That's a training of your brain and you start to notice around you like, Oh, I never noticed that before, my grass is really green in my yard. That was a metaphor, and also you can take it literally because I am obsessed with my grass. I love that. My grass is really green in my yard. That's so good. Grass is so green in my yard guys. But anything, you know, do you have food in your fridge? And that's a big one for me, and I know it's kind of like cliché and it's a throwaway one for some people but I did not grow up with a lot of money, I grew up making like the weirdest combinations of whatever we had in our kitchen because I we just didn't we didn't have a lot. So the fact that I can make my kids meals regularly is crazy and everybody's going to have the their own different like little things like that, but find what it is for you. Here's a really good question you can ask yourself and I think everyone can answer this one and start to invite a little more gratitude. Just say what is one thing you have in your life today that you at one point thought you'd never have or felt impossible? One thing you have in your life today that at one point seemed like, too good to be true. Everybody has one. I just got goosebumps. I just felt all of you answer it. (17:03)
ABOUT LYNNSEY ROBINSON:
Lynnsey Robinson's passion and purpose is helping you align your mind for success, own your inner light, embody your next level and clear the subconscious fear stories that have held you back holding you back from your highest potential. She teaches you how to release self-doubt, connect to yourself in a deeper way, become infinitely more confident, embrace your gifts, and expand your comfort zone, so you can attract your desires with more ease than you ever thought possible.
Lynnsey has been featured in Psychology Today, Cosmopolitan Magazine and Huffington Post, as well as numerous events and podcasts.
CONNECT WITH LYNNSEY:
• Website: https://lynnseyrobinson.com • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/InspiredFempreneurs • Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lynnseyrobinson • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Membership Area: https://www.lynnseyrobinson.com/aym-landing
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH KRISTI:
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear • Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick • Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi • Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear • Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards
** Download my FREE gift to you my Magic 5 Morning Mindset KristiDear.com
EPISODE AIRED ON: November 15, 2022