ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Welcome back to the Mindset Chick Podcast. I am so happy to have you here. Today is a very special day because I'm having on one of my best friends, one of my business partners, she's actually a sideline sister in this beauty biz with me, and she's also a certified health coach. She is amazing, she just has such a fun, wonderful personality and every time her and I are together, we just laugh and laugh and laugh, so I'm so happy to have Richele Batt here with me today. Richele is a certified Calling in “The One” coach whose passion is empowering women and men to live healthy, joy-filled lives. Join us as we discuss relationships, self-love and preparing ourselves for the loving relationships we seek.
Ready? Let's go...
• I ended my 22-year marriage, it was a long time coming, but it was a destructive marriage, and so coming out of that I had a lot of healing to do, and I began a road to that, and part of that was counseling, I had already been in some counseling, but a lot of that was kind of like looking to coaches online of how to recover from abusive relationships and that kind of thing. Coaching on YouTube and stuff. And podcasts, and things to help me understand that I needed to grow... So fast forward a year and a half or so after my divorce, I knew I wanted to continue to help people understand what I was understanding, you can heal after these relationships that are toxic. And so I actually went to my counselor at the time and said, I even want to go back to school and get my Master's, and do Social work counseling, because I have a Psychology degree or I want to become a relationship coach. (2:24)
• Yeah, and I love that you call yourself a calling in the one coach, because you know, that's what we talk about a lot on that Mindset Chick podcast, like calling in things that you want, and that was very powerful that you said that you were... Until you identified that you were repeating the same patterns, until you did your own healing... Absolutely, yeah, kind of looked within and realized what you were calling in, even though you wanted to leave that toxic marriage, as you said, then separating from that, wanting something different, but instead, without looking and doing the inner work or healing, you would just keep calling in the same type of person, right? Yes. (5:41)
• Oh my gosh, I think it's so essential. It's a completely essential because you only have the capacity to love others as much as you can love yourself, I've come to realize that. So, I don't know, I think a lot of people think, Oh, it's selfish to talk about self-love. And self-love is not selfish, it's really the base for everything else, like how we can give to the world and how we can give to relationship, because we're going to show up for others, how we show up for ourselves, and it really does mirror our relationships, our relationship with ourselves. So it's funny because in calling in the one, many, many people will start the program because they do want to find love, they do want to find that soulmate and everything, but they'll end up calling in to find themselves, they end up finding out who they are in the process, and that actually leads them to where they can call in someone else, but it's so important to love yourself and love all the parts of yourself, parts that you want to change, even the negative things, because until you just have that self-acceptance, I just don't think you can accept anyone else? You're just going to feel like you have to be perfect all the time. (7:56)
• Well, I'm glad you brought up about the emotions because that's the first part is really a lot of people, we go through life and we're in a culture or super busy where we have these goals and we're just ready to get there, but sometimes we get lost in the process, and we don't check in with ourselves. So I found a lot of clients, they have a hard time even recognizing what they're feeling, and then coaching practice that I have, we have a process where we help people learn how to daily check in with their emotions, and it's kind of like a meditative practice coupled with just a validating of like, Hey, you know these emotions are there, let me go ahead and feel that instead of ignoring them or wishing them away. Feeling them and then relating them to what they need at the moment, it's called the self-love power practice, and what do I feel and then what do I need? Even if they can't give themselves what they need at the moment, just acknowledging that they are feeling those things and acknowledging their need is powerful and it helps them to maybe understand where maybe there's a constructive impulse behind the emotions where it's gonna take them. (10:48)
• When my clients come to me a lot of times they have a lot of shame with the past mistakes or things that they feel like they've failed in, I try to reframe it for them and say, Look, if you look at these experiences as learning tools instead of mistakes, and you can kind of take a shame and regret and change it and say, Okay, well, these are the building blocks that made me into the person that I am today, and without these experiences, I wouldn't have the wisdom I have, or I wouldn't be in this place where I want to grow personally, or I see that I'm stuck. And so it's really awesome when they can finally accept that the mistakes happen or really just see them as events that happened that were part of their journey and they can be grateful for them. (14:23)
Richele is a certified Calling in “The One” coach whose passion is empowering women and men to live healthy, joy-filled lives.
She is an expert in narcissistic abuse and recovery and has been through her own journey of gaining freedom from a toxic marriage.
Richele understands the feeling of being stuck and finds fulfillment in supporting her clients to find their own personal freedom. She also helps clients understand and embrace their uniqueness and gain a deep level of self-love.
Richele has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from The University of New Orleans and is also a Certified Health Coach.
You can find Richele on her weekly podcast Coaching Closet where she helps you put the pieces of your life together like the perfect outfit! You can also find her on Instagram @coachingcloset and richele_batt as well as in her Facebook community: Coaching Closet.
CONNECT WITH RICHELE:
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear • Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick • Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi • Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear • Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards
** Download my FREE gift to you my Magic 5 Morning Mindset KristiDear .com EPISODE AIRED ON: NOVEMBER 09, 2021