Movement is Good For the Body
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Welcome back to the Mindset Chick Podcast, I am so happy to have you here. I'm your host Kristi Dear and today we're going to continue talking about self-care, taking care of you, making some time for yourself to get your mind, body and soul in that healthy, abundant, relaxing state of mind.
Ready? Let's go...
• So I want to talk about a key component to really taking care of yourself and self care, and that is getting in some exercise. Now, if you don't exercise on a regular basis, you might be really resisting this idea of exercise. I have met some people and also some of my friends who are like, Oh my gosh, no way I don't have time for exercise, I don't exercise. It sounds dreadful. It sounds awful. That's the last thing that I want to do. It's like I'd rather go to the dentist and exercise. Here's what I'm going to encourage you to do to start doing, to start doing this week and then hopefully make it a habit. (2:18)
• Every day I have a routine. I wake up, I make my bed. That's a new thing for me too, but I make my bed. I love it because I'm setting the tone for the day. I go to my favorite spot in the living room, or either outside, depending on the weather outside, by the pool and I do my morning mindset, I do my prayer and then I check a few messages. I do a social media post and then I get out the door to work out. And here's a little trick that I learned as a personal trainer, when I get up in the morning, I get up, go brush my teeth, do my daily morning routine, and then I put on my exercise clothes. I don't allow myself to put on comfy clothes or anything like that. I put on my workout clothes and then I go. (5:33)
• You're never going to be able to run again. Never going to be able to do yoga. You can do that, the back surgery. But you know, you could possibly. But I mean, without it, you're not going to be able to do it anyways. I was just crushed. I actually had in my mind set on of my goals. One of my dreams is to do a half ironman, which is a combination of swimming, biking and running. I really wanted to do that. So for I took off exercise, I took off everything I actually got kind of like, you know, pretty annoyed because I just started eating whatever I wanted and I didn't exercise. And at the time, it was really, really hard for me to do coach classes because I couldn't really do anything my back because hurt so bad and I couldn't show up fully. (12:01)
• There's something to that and it's actually showing your body, Hey, I love you. I'm going to take care of you. I'm going to support you. You're doing all these things for me. You're running around here, you're running around there, or you're thinking, you're working, you're strategizing, you're coming up with ideas. You're maybe taking care of a family, you're cleaning house. I've got to put the right fuel in my body, got to put the right gas in my car, the right fuel on my body, right? So it's really the same thing.(17:08)
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear • Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick • Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi • Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear • Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards ** Download my FREE gift to you my Magic 5 Morning Mindset KristiDear .com
EPISODE AIRED ON: DECEMBER 21, 2021