ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Hey, and welcome back to The Mindset Chick Podcast. I'm so happy to have you here . Today, we're going to be talking about your support system, the people that you spend the most time with, the people who you share your big dreams and goals with, or who you want to share your big dreams and goals with.
Why it's important to have a great support system, and why that's so important to your journey and manifesting and allowing yourself to receive more abundance and prosperity and success.
So it has been said, Jim Rohn actually said this, that you are the average of the five people that you surround yourself with.
And just kind of let that sink in, so the five people that you spend the most time with, you are the average of those people, you pick up their qualities or characteristics, their traits, if they tend to talk about the fee or struggle or being stuck or not enough money, then it's very likely that you pick up on those traits.
Let's learn more about this and more on today's episode...ready?
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear
• Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards
• If we're in that setting and our friends have a tendency to talk negative or talk about the struggle, or talk about the problems, or talk a lot about what's going wrong, and then all of a sudden we're talking about what's going right and all the things that are happening and maybe you're starting to see the money show up, or maybe you've gotten that promotion already, or if something happened where I talked about on my vision board, if somebody bought you a trip and your friends are like, whatever. So it can feel like a discord, and that's why it's so important to surround yourself with people who are going to believe in your big dreams and goals and are going to have your back. (3:53)
• When you come to somebody and you start talking about your life, your dreams and goals, anything that's going on in your life, right? People do this all the time, this is just how we're wired. Human nature is to take that story and internalize it, Okay? You're listening to somebody's story, think about this, you're internalizing it, but you're putting all of your perceptions, your beliefs, what's possible, you're putting your story on their story. Okay? So, most people are doing that, most people aren't just listening and being optimistic and saying, Wow, that's an interesting point of view, or that's very interesting. I'm so excited for you and leaving themselves out of it, most people are thinking about me, me, me, me, me, me, me, and that's just how we're wired. (7:10)
• Maybe I would think that it's not possible, because I knew with God all things are possible. And that's what I tell myself all the time. With God, all things are possible. When we believe, when we trust, when we realize that we're the undeserving of unlimited success and abundance, and we really believe and know that abundance is our birthright, and then I really don't believe that we're meant to live in constant struggle. (9:54)
• Albert Einstein didn't speak until he was four and didn't read until he was seven, which made his teachers and parents think he was mentally handicapped, slow and anti-social, but think about all the amazing goodness that Albert Einstein brought to the world. (17:22)
• We all want to feel good, we all want to feel better. We would all love to have more ease and flow in our life and positivity. We just get in the habit of talking about what's wrong, we get in the habit of the struggle, we get in the habit of repeating the same stories over and over and over, but we don't have to anymore. And by learning this and becoming aware of it, we can change the world. Right? You want to change the world. It starts with you. (22:17)
EPISODE AIRED ON:
SEPTEMBER 22, 2020