Loving Yourself in Difficult Times
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Hey guys, and welcome back to the Mindset Chick Podcast, I am so happy to have you here. I'm your host Kristi Dear and today we're going to be kicking off the month of November, my birthday month, talking about how important it is to just live and be in a state of gratitude and appreciation, calling in things to appreciate, things to notice that we can be thankful for and calling in more love for ourselves. By showing more love and giving back, takes the attention off of ourselves and can actually help to love ourselves more, to love life more when we're serving, when we're thinking of others.
Ready? Let's go...
• In all of us, there is those good qualities and characteristics, and then there's also those qualities and characteristics that maybe we sometimes don't totally love about ourselves. Maybe there are some things that we wish that we didn't act upon, maybe there are some things that we wish we could change about ourselves. So we're going to be talking about that today and kind of what that means, and how to just really love and appreciate yourself or where you are, what you've been through and how that can dramatically change your life. (3:13)
• I think giving yourself permission to just be... Like we talked about with Natalie a few weeks ago, perfectly imperfect. Just give yourself permission not to have to be perfect, and just know that sometimes when contrast comes up in our lives, maybe there's a person that's really triggering us and maybe sometimes we respond the right way and sometimes we act out and we don't. To just learn to not beat up on ourselves, but to learn , Okay, I can still love myself, or I can take from this... What do I need to learn? What do I need to do in this situation? How can I grow? And something I've come to realize is, everybody in our life is like a mirror of what's really going on within us, and when we get triggered by somebody, it's actually something within us that we need to look at, that we need to recognize that we need to heal that, we need to have compassion for. (6:46)
• When I was young, I was bullied a little bit, just for my looks and gaining some weight... I don't know, I mean, I was just not treated very kind. I took a lot of the things, I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know what to say when people would laugh or make fun of me, or say things that would make me feel sad, I would just be quiet. I didn't know how to respond. So fast forward until my teenage years, I was taking that and taking that and taking that in, I didn't really know a healthy way to express those emotions, so I suppressed them. and fast forward to my young adult life, when somebody said something that I felt like was hurtful or demeaning or condescending... Now I have a voice. Now, I could fire back, I was older, I was wiser, and I made this vow, nobody's going to talk to me like that. I'm not gonna allow anybody to talk to me like that, I'm going to fight back. I'm going to have a voice. (9:37)
• Like the cycle that goes on and on. Not unless you recognize what's going on and start clearing it through tapping, EFT, through meditation, through journaling, maybe finding a coach, a mentor or somebody that can help you work past that. I've helped so many of my coaching clients and people on my team recognize certain patterns and beliefs and be able to move past that, but you can be stuck in this cycle, not really understanding why am I doing this or why is that person triggering me so much, or why am I allowing them to trigger me, until you really start working on yourself. (12:34)
• So love that part of me that tends to be assertive, tends to speak up, tends to say what's on my mind, love that part, but also recognizes there's something in that, that I could have done differently. A way that I could have responded differently to have a different outcome, so I think that's so important is to just look at all the qualities and characteristics that you have and love all of them, they're the ones that you really like. It's easier to love, right? Maybe you have great hair or you love your eyes, and so easy to love your eyes in your hair, but maybe you don't totally love your stomach or your hips, or maybe that fiery personality, whatever it is that you feel like you have, maybe you suppress that or beat up on yourself about those things that you feel like you have that aren't great qualities. But loving those qualities and being grateful for those qualities, and when they come up in times that you wish they wouldn't have to ask yourself, What I've learned and how can I grow? Is there something more that I can release through this, is there a way? If I'm not totally loving my body, is there a way to eat healthier or get more exercise, not beating up on myself because of that, but just loving every part of me and showing myself love exactly where I am right now. (18:57)
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear • Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick • Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi • Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear • Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards ** Download my FREE gift to you my Magic 5 Morning Mindset KristiDear .com
EPISODE AIRED ON: NOVEMBER 02, 2021