ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Welcome back to The Mindset Chick podcast. I'm so happy to have you here. Today we're going to be talking about gratitude and what it really means to step into appreciation and live with a grateful heart. Now, it's easy to have gratitude and appreciation when things are going right, but what about the days when maybe we don't feel our best, maybe the days when we're reminded of things that aren't going so good, maybe we've had a fight with our family member or significant other, and we're feeling a little down.
Let's talk about how to choose how to start your day, to start your day with gratitude and appreciation. Gratitude and appreciation for even the small things in life.
I want to encourage you for this month, the month of December, because it's the beginning of December when this episode first airs. I want to encourage you to join me in a 30 days of Gratitude Challenge. Every morning when you wake up, you think of three things that you're grateful for before your feet even hits the ground.
Ready? Let's get started...
• Before you start the morning mindset, here's something that I learned to do a long time ago, and I feel like it's absolutely changed my life. So, the first thing that I do in the morning; just think of three things I'm grateful for. And it doesn't have to be big things. Sometimes we think, well, once I reach that goal, then I'll be happy that I can be grateful, but we've already talked about a lot of this on the podcast about feeling grateful now feeling into it, getting excited about your goals manifesting, now talking like it, speaking like it visualizing it. (4:18)
• And you were thinking about the things that were going right in your life versus the things that weren't. Going to guilt or shame, or getting in the scroll hole of social media and comparing and looking at the news, and looking at the problems, being sucked into the fear. All that kind of stuff. What if you woke up and you said, You know what, I'm going to start my day, I'm going to choose my vibe for the day, I'm going to choose how I start my day, and I'm going to start my day in gratitude and appreciation. (6:30)
• Maybe you're running out the door to go to work, or maybe have a meeting, or maybe you're late for working out and then you feel rushed and that's a hurried energy. I believe that the vibe that you start your day with sets the precedent for that day, so it's really, really important to give yourself some time to wake up, stretch, and think about the three things that you're grateful for. (9:26)
• This is the person that I'm becoming. This is the lifestyle that I'm living. This is what I'm tuning into. This is what I'm feeling. And you know what? When you're doing this, you really have to guard your heart and guard your energy, it's so important because if something comes along to knock you out of that energy, now you're entangled in a lower vibration energy. And to manifest your dreams and goals, and to live that lifestyle that you desire to manifest how you wanna live, you have to tune your vibration in to match what you're asking for. (13:29)
• You know, I've heard before that if you're in the middle of something and somebody calls and you just stop what you're doing to answer the phone, and maybe you're present focus, you're like, Oh my gosh, I was in the middle of something, and now I'm answering my phone. You choose to answer your phone, you're basically saying they are more important than what I'm doing, I'm putting their needs first, I'm putting what they want to tell me over myself, and there's nothing wrong with having boundaries or saying if you're in the middle of something calling or texting somebody back. But having that time, guarding your heart and guarding your energy. (16:21)
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear
• Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards
EPISODE AIRED ON: DECEMBER 01, 2020