Updated: Jan 25, 2021
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Welcome back to The Mindset Chick Podcast. I'm so happy to have you here. And today we're going to continue to talk about activity, about taking action. We've talked a lot about mindset action, doing the mindset steps to a daily mindset routine, visualizing and tapping, doing the magic five morning mindset and stepping into the gratitude frequency, waking up with a grateful heart.
Today, we're going to continue talking about taking action, like really jumping into activity despite fears despite maybe the feeling of judgment or failure. And with me today, I have one of my BFF's, my best friend, and we've been friends for about 20 years, Victoria Alexander.
Ready to learn more? Let's get started...
• You know how I feel about failure, I've talked about that on my podcast, about I don't feel like you really fail, it's just perception. But whatever that that looks like, however you want to label it, you know that failure or that past struggle or expectation that didn't go, well, that was a learning process. So it's like jumping in and maybe you don't do it, you didn't do it exactly how you wanted to, but you learn from it, you grow, and then you find new ways, and then you keep going and you keep going and you keep showing up. That consistency will actually help you to feel more confident. (3:40)
• Having that routine, going to the gym or whatever, and you have that goal. It doesn't happen overnight, it's that consistency, it's creating those habits, creating those new thinking habits, it's creating those new physical habits where you're showing up. I talked about it last week, showing up for the job that you want, not the job you have. And it becomes a habit, and that can totally change everything for you in your life, and will allow your goals to manifest. (5:45)
• And you know, I was thinking too, it's like baby steps. I think sometimes we have these goals, these desires, we think, Oh wow, I've gotta go from A to Z. But, just like baby steps and just taking one little step every day towards your goals, getting in that habit, it doesn't have to be this huge step. And then appreciating those. Start saying, Wow, look, I showed up today, I got out of bed, I did my gratitude, I did my morning mindset, I dressed for the job that I want and I spoke kindly to myself today. Those are amazing things to be proud of yourself and congratulate yourself, and be like, every day, I'm getting closer and closer to my goal. That's my mantra, every day I'm getting closer and closer to my goals and just appreciating that... Appreciating even the baby steps. (11:57)
• It was pretty amazing actually. And I think that a lot of times, all the steps that you're taking, like what we talked about, lead you up to your big moment, right? And I prayed about it, it was one night I was on my bike ride and I prayed about having a divine direct intervention kind of thing, like a divine direct message to point me in the right direction of where my heart was kinda telling me where to go. (14:23)
• When we have those limiting beliefs, when we tell ourselves the old stories you like to talk about on your podcast, then yeah, when you don't really go for what's in your heart and what you really should do, no matter what you're feeling. You lose out on that opportunity and the world loses out on what you have to offer and say. Anyway, that was the story and I jumped. I love that you jumped and you continue to jump despite the fear, and I can resonate with that, and I'm sure you can too listening, despite that fear, just jumping and saying, Yeah, I love that. When you're like, Victoria, if I have this much fear, if you have this much fear, then there's something, then you're meant to do this, there's something so big and great on that other side, you don't have to be attached to the fear of the story, it doesn't have to be you, you can release that, you can jump into a more empowering story. (17:46)
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear
• Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear
EPISODE AIRED ON: JANUARY 12, 2021