ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Welcome back to the Mindset Chick Podcast, I am so happy to have you here. I'm your host Kristi Dear. Today we're going to be talking about how to keep a strong mindset when things don't go as you planned. In this time in our lives, there's been a lot of things going on over the last couple of years, it's brought some uncertainty and some changes, and maybe you're going through a relationship issue, maybe you're going through a business transition, maybe you're going through something that's keeping you from feeling motivated to live out your dreams and pursue your goals. Maybe you're not feeling well, maybe your health isn't the best, maybe that's something that you want to improve. Maybe you have had family members who have been really sick, maybe there are some fear or worry around staying healthy and being healthy in this time right now. I want to talk about how do you keep up the momentum daily, taking the action steps and having the mindset that's going to produce the results that you want.
Ready? Let's go...
• And here's the thing, guys, if I would have listened to all the people in my life that told me that I my beauty business wouldn't work, that the products wouldn't work. That I shouldn't be doing this, I should be doing something else, I wouldn't be where I am today. In this business, I was able to retire my husband from corporate America, earn 16 paid vacations from the company to luxurious places, being able to drive a Cadillac Escalade and receive payments from the company for that... Everything that has happened in my life, being able to meet so many people from around the world that I never would have met without this beauty business, and being able to support them to build their own freedom-based business and use non-toxic vegan gluten-free, amazing hair & skin care and wellness products. The beauty business I'm in is the number one premium hair care brand In the US, that's huge! And we've only been open seven years. The momentum is great, the business has brought myself and my family so much joy. (02:58)
• You could be in the planting phase where you're basically showing up and you're doing the action steps, and you're doing the mindset practices, but you don't see the fruit. Yeah, that's okay, that's the part where you got to keep going, because that's where most people give up and they give up right before there's fruit. Right before they see that fruit flourish and come to fruition, they give up during that season. So there's always a time for planting and there's a time for growth, so wherever you are, how do you hold a strong mindset? How to you keep a strong mindset even if things aren't going your way, or you're having any kind of fear or doubt? (06:39)
• But I will tell you, it wasn't easy. Especially at the beginning, not to be super frustrated with the airline and what had happened and the chaos, and they couldn't give answers and all this stuff. But there was two ways that I could do it, I could freak out, I could start panicking, I could have anxiety and freak out mode, I can start yelling at somebody, or I could have taken it the way I did and said, Okay, here's the thing, everything is working out for me. Everything is working out for our family, we just have to bless this situation and we have to pour God's love over it. I'm just going to visualize and talk to my kids about visualizing their suitcases coming, that everything's going to be in there, everything's going to be exactly like it should be. And use this time like, Hey, we'll just go get the things you need in the meantime, and then your suitcases are going to show up. And you know when you lead with love, when you lead with kindness, when you control the freak out, when you control the, oh my gosh, the world's crashing and the fear of the uncertainty, but you look at it like, Okay, I can't control everything in my life obviously, but I can control how I respond to stuff and I'm going to respond to this with a more peaceful mindset. (14:30)
• And I think for me, the more I've been able to not take things so seriously and get so attached to how things are going to be, but kind of moving with the flow of the energy and not how I feel like things should have been or should be, but just really moving with that flow and saying, Okay, God, take the wheel. Ultimately, you're in control. Ultimately, there's going to be things that come up that are out of my control, but it's really how, I respond. And my job is to hold the faith, and my job is to hold the vision, my job is to hold the belief that everything is working out for me, and that prosperity is all around me, abundance is all around me. I just have to believe it, I have to have faith. (18:18)
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear • Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick • Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi • Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear • Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards ** Download my FREE gift to you my Magic 5 Morning Mindset KristiDear .com
EPISODE AIRED ON: JANUARY 25, 2022