ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Welcome back to the Mindset Chick Podcast, I am so happy to have you here. I'm your host Kristi Dear. Can you believe this is the last episode of December? Starting in January, we're going to have a whole new season, a series of manifest fast of the mindset Chick podcast, we're going to really up-level your manifesting mojo with some cool challenges and manifestation games to play.
Today I want to continue talking about taking care of you, and part of that is the fuel that you put in your body, the food that you eat, and why that's so important. You know, it can be easy to not really think about what you're eating. A lot of times we're in such a hurry, skipping breakfast, grabbing some coffee or shake, eating whatever is available for lunch and eating whatever is quick and easy for dinner. We think eating healthy is going to take a lot of time and energy, or be expensive. While it can be a change and a shift, it doesn't always have to be super expensive, it doesn't always have to be difficult, let me show you how.
Ready, let's go...
• So there was a book, I don't even know if it's still... I guess I would still be around. It was a cook book, it was called 5 ingredients, 15 minutes, and it was a cookbook on how all you needed was five ingredients in 15 minutes to cook healthy meals for your family. I thought this was fabulous, I loved it, I pretty much cooked almost everything in there. One of the things that I absolutely love in that book that I still cook today or make today, I guess I should say, is a chili recipe. It's five ingredients, 15 minutes. And so I thought, Wow, this is mind blowing, here I am thinking that it was going to be so expensive and take so much time and energy cooking healthy meals, and it only calls for five ingredients and 15 minutes. (4:11)
• Okay, remember what I said before about the 80-20 rule? It doesn't have to be all or nothing, but maybe find a healthy eating plan that works for you, healthy exercise plan that works for you, and it's going to change your life. When you feel better, everything else in your life is going to respond to you differently. So it's so, so important, and the way I like to do things, I'm not saying you should do this, but I'm just saying me. I like to eat more, less refined carbohydrates, lower sugar, more clean, eating more protein, vegetables, fruits without high sugar, and then I like to do some fasting, so after I'm done eating my dinner, sometimes I have my Skinny Pop. (9:11)
• Maybe it's a different dessert or a snack that you're having that you're thinking, Oh, maybe if I just cut this out or maybe it's not going to the fast food, and maybe you're doing that every day. Could you cut that out twice a week and just go the other days? You can cut down gradually, just like the manifesting process, just like thinking differently and creating new habits is a process. It's just taking it step by step by step by step. It doesn't have to be a whole 180. You start small, you might start with 30 minutes of exercise and then start loving it and start going, Wow, now I want to do an hour a day. The healthy eating, you might start taking a couple of things away that aren't serving you or not making you feel at your optimal best, and then you might start saying, Wow, I really enjoy eating like this. (11:20)
• Think about something that you could start maybe taking away that isn't serving you, and then you'll be intentional with your eating. Then we just change a few things in your eating process or maybe, Hey, you're ready to go, you know what Kristi had been waiting for a sign. I've been waiting for an opportunity to just really, really change on my eating rituals and I'm ready. I'm going all in. That's totally fine too. So however you want to start, but I really want to encourage you to do that. And then I would love for you to come over to MindsetChickGroup.com. Come share with us how you're doing with the self-care challenge. Let us support you, and if you have any new manifestations that have come about, come over and share, and I can't wait to celebrate with you and just hear all of the amazing things that are happening through this self-care challenge. (13:51)
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com • Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear • Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick • Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi • Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear • Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards ** Download my FREE gift to you my Magic 5 Morning Mindset KristiDear .com
EPISODE AIRED ON: DECEMBER 28, 2021