ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Welcome back to The Mindset Chick podcast, I'm so happy to have you here. So, on our gratitude series, we've been talking about waking up with a grateful heart and even changing our daily habits. Instead of waking up and reaching for is your smartphone, you think of things that you're grateful for, and you get in a high vibe mindset instead of thinking about what is going on in the world. Maybe you're looking at the news, maybe looking at news that isn't so lovely. Getting caught up in somebody else's energy, somebody else's reality or somebody else's beliefs. Start waking up and putting yourself first, and say, I'm so thankful just to be alive. I'm so grateful and thankful for my bed, the roof over my head, running water and the food in my fridge.
Just little things can dramatically change your day. Start thinking about things to be grateful for and perceiving things differently, learning how to shift problems to opportunities. By looking at it differently, it can dramatically change your life, and then not only change your life, it can change other people's lives and other people's lives in other people's lives, and then you're paying it forward with your energy with your love, with your kindness, with your gratitude for Life.
Ready? Let's get started...
• I'm not saying it's always easy, but it can dramatically change what shows up for you in your life. I remember when I was starting out at my coaching business, I went to this event, and it wasn't the first time something like this happened, but it was really, really impactful this time, it really was. I was really working on growing my coaching business, I was so excited. I was going to this event, there was going to be a lot of women entrepreneurs, and that was really my target audience. I was so passionate about what I do, it was like I just wanted to shout to the world, and I still do, Hey, you know, I was struggling and I was depressed and I was having a really hard time with life, and I found these mindset practices and they changed my life and I just want tp share it with the world. (3:04)
• I was visualizing what I wanted, and I was, at the time, honestly, I wasn't doing as much mindset practices that I'm sharing with you now. Because this was many, many years ago and we're always learning and growing. Right? But I was visualizing and I was praying and I was seeing what was possible, and I got up on stage and I shared my talk. And I felt like it was good. I felt like I did a good job. I was passionate, I was excited. And I walked off and one person joined, I had a little booth up at a table, and I was super excited, I was like, yes, they're going to sign up. It's going to be great. And this is what I'm meant to do. I know it, I just feel it. Nobody joined. Right after my talk, I was like, okay, well wait, maybe people are doing some other things, there was another lady that talked after me and she just did amazing, and so many people signed up for her program, they bought her book, they sent it for her program, and she was in the similar field, so it's done. And I wait in and I waited, and I waited, and I talked to people, they were walking by and they're like, Oh, you did a great job in your talk, and I'm like, Thank you, thank you, but not one person signed up, and I remember that feeling going home, and literally being devastated. (5:23)
• I could just go and get something comfortable, get a job, comfortable. But in my heart, I knew that that wasn't me, so I had a pity party. I was sad. That's okay, you can do that. The thing of it is, is staying there, it's letting your mind control you, it's okay to have those feelings, journal them. If you need to do the ho'oponopono, release that, feel it, talk to somebody. Get it out. Working out is a great way for me to release things too, just getting that energy out, just getting it off your chest, and I don't feel bad for, hopefully you don't, for having emotions, we're human and that's gonna happen. But it's staying there, it's letting those emotions control you to believe that this is who I am, this is who I am, this is where I am. When you can say No, I know now the mindset practices that in my mind is a tool, but I'm the boss, I mean, I can direct my thoughts however I want to go, I can now. But I can feel the sadness, I can feel the anger, I can feel the pain, but I don't have to stay there. (8:28)
• I believe that I went through these hardships with our income, and you know how I grew up as a teenager, just the struggles and the contrast that I had to have at such a young age. And at one point in my family, we were almost homeless, and I went to work at 16 to help out with the groceries. Things were not just handed to me, but you know what? That just prepared me for where I am today, That just molded me into the person I am today. All those experiences that I once thought, Why is this happening to me? Why is this happening to me? Now, I can look back and see if those situations wouldn't have happened to me at such a young age, and all the stuff that I went through, they wouldn't make me the person I am today. And it wouldn't help me to relate or identify with maybe somebody else. (10:59)
• I attracted them into my life, which means I must be on that vibration to attract them. Which means I must be on the right path. Which means that God is hearing me, the universe is hearing me, I am ready to receive my abundance today. This is somebody that I can model. This is somebody I can learn from, and I can reach my dreams and goals. I can have that success too, because I am enough and I'm amazing, and think about how that can absolutely change your life. You look back at that moment now and just bless it with everything you have, that it was such a teachable moment. It was such a time for me to grow and learn as a coach, and you know what? The next time I got up on stage, I rocked it, I rocked it and I had people signing up on the spot. I had people joining my coaching programs, and I did have great months, continue to have great months, great months in my coaching practice is just unbelievable. (15:49)
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear
• Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards
EPISODE AIRED ON: DECEMBER 29, 2020