The What, Why and How of Positive Affirmations
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Welcome back to The Mindset Chick Podcast. I'm so happy to have you here! Today we're going to be talking about affirmations. What are they? Why they're important. And how to say them correctly. And yes, there is a correct way to say affirmations. You can say affirmations that can actually block your manifestation, they can actually energetically push things away. Or, you can say affirmations that are going to allow your goals to manifest, they're going to draw in more of that abundance, more of the synchronicity, more of the energetic alignment and more of the belief that it's possible.
So, I'm going to give you a really cool affirmation to say around your goal today, and just share with you why it's so important to say affirmations.
Ready? Let's get started...
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Kristi Dear Website: https://kristidear.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachkristidear
• Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/themindsetchick
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachwithkristi
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristi.dear
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/CoachwithKristi/boards
• On average, those thoughts can be about 80% negative. Yeah, and 95% are exactly the same repetitive thoughts as the day before, or the day before, or the day before, and 80% being negative. That's what research has proven. So, unless we get a handle on it and do some of the stuff that we've been learning, like nope'n, anything that doesn't serve us and start shifting our mind and to where we're going, and not to where we've been. (1:29)
• We're basically saying, I am this, I am this. We look in the mirror and we judge ourselves, we do. We look at ourselves and we judge our appearance, and we say like most of the time... maybe when you look in the mirror, hopefully you say something very positive about yourself, but a lot of times people can look in the mirror and you know kind of judge themselves like, Oh, look at this wrinkle, or look at this hair, or man, this belly, look at this fat roll, look at this, this or whatever it is. And so we're affirming who we are. Are we fit? Are we healthy? Are we overweight? Are we ugly? Are we pretty... We're affirming that every time we talk to ourselves. (3:31)
• What if you could change that? What if you started getting in the habit of saying things like, I am funny, I am smart, I am successful, I am rich. Remember, rich doesn't just be money. Rich in freedom, rich in love, rich in joy, rich in abundance, rich in blessings, right? So I love to use the term rich, like creating a rich life. What does that look like, right? I am rich. (5:35)
• Think about if you woke up and talked to yourself like that. Do you think you'd have a more maybe productive day? Or, happier day? Probably, right? And so, with affirmations, it's a great thing to get in the habit of speaking to yourself differently, by affirming things differently. Affirming and getting that on repeat, and getting out of that average of repetitive thoughts that don't serve you, and that 80% are negative. And wouldn't that be cool if you were like, not the average? And, if the majority of your thoughts were positive about yourself and the world around you? (7:08)
• It's really hard to lift other people up, and it's really hard to shine your light and be that blessing in other people's lives, if you're beating up on yourself all the time, and you don't feel like you're great. You're probably not going to be in a good mood, you're probably going to be cranky with other people, you're probably going to be cranky at maybe the world. (11:43)
EPISODE AIRED ON:
SEPTEMBER 08, 2020